If you do not currently have an appointment you may book one through our online booking portal. If you are rescheduling or cancelling an appointment, or have made appointments online with us in the recent past, you can go through your initial notification emails and it will remember you so you do not have to input all your information again.
For video and photo updates please check out the “COVID-19 Prep” Highlighted Story on The Glass Menagerie’s Instagram. This may continue to be updated as information changes and it’s always good to double check before coming in for your appointment.
We want to be very clear that the protocols currently in place for health and safety are non-negotiable, many are legally mandated and our failure to comply could result in loss of Cosmetology license permanently. Please don’t risk that for us. If you anticipate being unable to comply with these protocols PLEASE postpone your appointment. If you show up and refuse to comply, services will not be rendered and you will be charged 50% of your scheduled services.
ALRIGHT, HERE WE GO:
- Do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. We are only allowed to work one-on-one. We will not be allowing guests.
- When you arrive in the parking lot at the Hilltop Shopping Center please text me via 703.945.9289 to let me know you have arrived. Please include your name and how to identify your vehicle so I can track my schedule properly and find you when I come down to get you. I do not currently have everyone saved in my phone and I would like to avoid unnecessary confusion.
- I will respond quickly if possible, and when I am able (done with my previous client AND done with sanitation and disinfection of the full studio space) I will text you that I am coming down to you. Please stay in your vehicle.
- I will bring out hand sanitizer and a tri-ply mask. You will sanitize your hands and put the mask on with its ear loops.
- We will walk up to the studio and I will buzz us in. There is also an elevator for those who prefer it.
- Once inside we will go directly to my studio space and we will BOTH wash our hands before we tape the mask on. Taping the mask on allows me to remove the ear loops so I can work freely and provide every service fully. The tape I am using is KT Tape, which is designed for long term wear on skin and is flexible and breathable. There is a photo below.
- We will then be able to freely work as close as possible to normal for all services.
- Only when services have been completed and you have left the building may the mask be removed. There is a trash bin at the base of the stairs that is easily accessible for disposing of your mask.
- If you would like to bring your own mask please be aware that I still need to be able to tape the mask on and remove the ear loops from my workspace. I strongly suggest just letting me use my disposable masks.
- Masks must remain on the entire time you are in the building and I will not be able to accommodate beverage breaks or smoke breaks for clients or myself during services. I currently have Juicy Fruit and Orbit Fresh Mint gum as options to prevent dry mouth. I recommend the Fresh Mint because the “cool” feeling really helps with the mask. If you would prefer nicotine gum or other accommodations please bring those for yourself.